Your IRA can provide a tax-smart way to make an impact with Portland Community College Foundation now. The Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD (sometimes called an “IRA Charitable Rollover”) is a great way to make a tax-free gift now to Portland Community College Foundation and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD), too.
How do I qualify?
The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your IRA.
- You must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Portland Community College Foundation.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
Benefits of qualified charitable distribution
- If you don’t itemize your income tax deductions, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 73 or older and must take a Required Minimum Distribution RMD, a QCD gift can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact on Portland Community College Foundation.
How can I make an IRA charitable rollover?
Contact your IRA administrator to request a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA to Portland Community College Foundation.